Saturday, October 10, 2009

Greece

I realized all I've been doing is posting pictures but I'm like 2 weeks behind on them. Hopefully I'll get caught up tonight. Right now we're on the island of Santorini staying at a hotel on Perissa beach. We chose to come to this island because of the many things to do here. On Thursday we scheduled an all day boat tour to an island with a volcano, another with a hot springs (that was not hot, only luke warm and dirty) another island where we had lunch and free time to swim around. The boat then dropped us off in Oia, the northermost city on Santorini where we watched the sun go down. Oia is best known for it's picture perfect sunsets and they were right. It's exactly like the postcards look when you think of the Greek islands. Yesterday we rented an ATV and drove around the island. We drove down to the 'red sand' beach which was pretty much the same as Perissa beach ('the black sand beach'). We also rode to the 'white sand' beach but again, it looked the same. Most of the beaches are rocky and really have no sand but it's still beautiful. Today we spent just relaxing by the pool, swimming in the sea and walking the beach. It's been a great day to end our time here. Tomorrow we're leaving early in the morning on a 9 hour ferry back to Athens where we'll then fly to Cairo and then onto Aswan, Egypt.

No comments: