Saturday, October 3, 2009

Cinqua Terre

Josh and I just got done hiking the Cinqua Terre yesterday. We started out in Monterosso and treked our way through the 5 villages to finish in Riomaggiore. Along the way we stoped in Corniglia for lunch and a swim in a small cove. The water was pretty chilly but we both managed to get in. Josh even jumped off a few rock edges, one of them being 25 feet above the water. I'm just glad I couldn't see him do that one. But after I heard that another guy had been diving off earlier, I felt a lot better! Tonight we're heading by train to La Spezia and from their an overnight train to Rome. We arrive very early, 5:50 am I think but it's nice seeing a city wake up. We'll check into our hostel, leave our bags there and get some breakfast. But seeing that we could only get 2nd class seating on the train tonight, I'm sure we'll both be pretty tired (and crabby!) and will want to take a nap mid afternoon. Like I say pretty much every time, I hope to get some more pictures on here soon. Wireless internet is hard to find at times. But I have a ton to post on here!

No comments: