Saturday, September 19, 2009
Berlin
Wow, it's seems like it's been a long time since I was last on here. Since the last post we've made it to Amsterdam and Germany. Amsterdam was as expected. I'll say Josh and I both feel we never need to go back. It was a good experience being there and beautiful with all the canals throughout the city but overall, it was just another big city and not really our lifestyle. From there we took a train to Dusseldorf, Germany; rented a car and drove to Bremen. We had 3 days to pass before we got to Berlin. During that time we had hoped to drive and see a lot of the country side. From Bremen we headed up to Cuxhaven which was on the north coast of the country. And then headed down to Berlin which we arrived on Friday. We walked through Sauchenhausen which is a "model" concentration camp. Even with it being a model, it was still pretty moving and had a few of the original building still standing. We've now been in Berlin for 2 days, staying with my friend Kevin and his girlfriend Francesca. Today was a great day of walking around the city sightseeing. We're soon heading south to partake in the festivities of Oktoberfest in Munich and then renting an RV to travel around a few more countries, camping along the way. Hopefully I'll get time to post more pictures on here soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment